It’s everyone's favorite frightful night! Before you don your costumes and grab that big ol' trick-or-treat bag, take a few minutes to whip up a batch of these pumpkin cupcakes. This recipe is so simple, it's scary!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1c water
- 1/3c oil
- 2/3 c pumpkin puree
- 1 6oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tbsp of butter, room temperature
- 4c powdered sugar, sifted
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the cake mix as instructed on the bob, substituting part of the oil for the pumpkin puree.
- Pour spoonfuls of the batter into lined cupcake tins and bake for 25-28 minutes.Remove from oven and let cool completely before decorating.
- For the frosting, whip butter, cream cheese, and vanilla in a mixer until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar one cup at a time, mixing in between. After all sugar has been added, drop in the cinnamon and whip on high for 3-5 minutes. (A tip I learned from Georgetown Cupcake)
- Once your frosting is nice and fluffy, transfer into a pastry bag and decorate however your ghoulish heart desires. I used these adorable Skeleton Marshmallow Pops from Treat Street!
Have a Happy Halloween everyone!