It's no secret that one of my favorite ingredient combinations is fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil. Add a little balsamic glaze to that and now we're in business! Oh, it's also a well known fact that I am a serious "pasta-holic" so you can see why this dish has quickly become a staple for the summer!
This recipe can be put together in 30 minutes, tops. Yes, even including the pasta! Here's what you have to do:
Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
Balsamic Glaze (get the recipe here)
1. In a large pot, prepare any shape of pasta you would like and cook al dente, meaning a taaad bit under cooked.
2. At this point, cut your cherry tomatoes into halves, chiffonade the fresh basil, and cut the mozzarella into cubes.
3. Once your pasta is done, drain through a colander and transfer immediately into an ice bath. This is the main trick to pasta salad on the fly! This will cool down your pasta and prevent the noodles from getting too sticky. After they get a nice cool down, drain again.
4. In a large mixing bowl, toss the pasta with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. These simple spices will be the perfect balance to the fresh ingredients that are going on top.
5. Transfer the pasta into your serving bowl, arrange your tomatoes, mozzarella and basil however you wish and drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top. Be sure to save some extra for guests to add to their own serving!
Don't forget to get social for more recipes, giveaways and more!